Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 4JH3E
- Drive Type: SailDrive
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 55hp
- Type: Inboard
- Propeller Type: 2 Blade, Folding
2302 T Avenue
Anacortes, Washington, US, 98221
- Yacht owned since 1996. On purchase, the mast and all standing rigging were replaced (Ballenger). The mast is set up to accept slugs or a luff tape. The barrels on the upper turnbuckles were replaced around 2016.
- 2012, all sheaves at the masthead were replaced with high load Harken’s. Offshore masthead spinnaker halyard shackles were also installed.
- 2015, jib halyards were upgraded.
- 2016, New jib sheets.
- Masthead light is 360 deg. White, and a tri-color lens are available.
- The rudder, rudder bearings, and upper bearing housing were replaced. (Water Rat Design in Carbon Fiber)
- The engine was also replaced.
- Electronics (VHF, SSB, GPS) Replaced 1998
- Espar Diesel forced air heat, AC/DC Inverter with input and distribution, along with an AM/FM stereo.
- The existing Ockam system was retained, the software was upgraded by Ockam, and the GPS interface was added.
- 2012, the hull above the waterline was refinished with a two-part “Imron” style finish.
- 2012, The deck non-skid changed to “Kiwigrip”.
- 2012, an aft scoop was added to the transom, adding two feet to the overall length.
- The bottom paint was removed in 2018, glass bead blasted, new fairing, and Interlux paint applied. Thereafter VC Offshore was applied. A final coating of Micron CSC was applied in the summer of 2020, to protect the bottom paint while in dry storage.
- Realistically, except for the jib, the sails are old, but serviceable from Quantum and include the Dacron main, three ¾ oz spinnakers, a ½ oz, a 1&1/2 oz, and a chicken chute (5oz?), and a bulletproof storm trisail. The jib, a new 130% in a 2016 roller furling from Ballard Sails. The jib is removed during the winter storage along with the jib sheets. The main is kept under a sail cover.
- The engine is a Yanmar 4JH3E, 4 cylinders rated @ 52hp, driving a Yanmar SD 31 Sail drive to a two-bladed Max Prop, all installed in 1998. (There also is a GORI folding prop) All service is up to date.
- An 80-amp alternator keeps the batteries topped up while motoring.
- A refrigeration compressor is also driven by the engine, the compressor was replaced in 2006.
- 50-gallon fuel tank, located under the STBD setae, was cleaned and certified in 2019. (Condition report is available)
- Two 35-gallon barrels for fuel (useful for return trips from Hawaii)
Pacific Marine Sales is located on the waterfront in Anacortes, WA at Pacific Marine Center’s full-service yacht repair and storage facility.